Wednesday, December 19, 2007

One Billion Customers: Lessons from the Front Lines of Doing Business in China - by James McGregor



My Rating: ****

I wish there was such a book about India. Please let me know if you have a recommendation. I could not find one on Amazon.

I feel that people in China share with people in India a fear of the white man. That he will exploit their people without giving them much in return. This book presents the situation from the white man's point of view. It showed me that the white man's intentions are not always as sinister as they are made out to be in the media. You can't blame him for wanting to make a profit. He is not the villian he is made out to be in the media.

The author is well qualified to write such a book. He writes well and handles politically risky topics well, presenting his point in a balanced way.

No comments:

Post a Comment